Summary: The rapid advancement of artificial intelligence (AI) has led to the development of sophisticated chatbots like ChatGPT and Google Bard. AI has evolved over the years, and its history can be traced back to pioneers such as Alan Turing. In this article, we answer six frequently asked questions about AI, its types, history, dangers, and the popular chatbots ChatGPT and Google Bard.
- AI Definition: AI aims to understand and store human intelligence, mimicking human capabilities such as task completion, language processing, and speech recognition.
- Four Types of AI: Reactive machines, limited memory, theory of mind, and self-awareness, with the latter two being theoretical and still under development.
- AI History: Early AI contributors include Alan Turing, Warren McCulloch, Walter Pitts, and John McCarthy.
- AI Dangers: Concerns include misinformation, cybersecurity threats, job loss, and political bias due to unregulated AI systems.
- ChatGPT: Developed by OpenAI, ChatGPT is a generative AI chatbot capable of producing content, conversing with humans, suggesting code edits, and more.
- Google Bard: A recently released AI chatbot by Google, Bard shares similar functions with ChatGPT and is currently under limited testing.